Over the years, we have restored many films, prints of which are now part of Photoplay’s distribution catalogue.
As well as screenings with our specially commissioned scores perfomed live, we also offer the opportunity to present high quality performances with live synchronisation of a recording of our score for the film. For more info, see the HIFI Presentations section.
Listed below we have some of the most frequently asked questions which will hopefully give you more of an understanding of the concept of Live Cinema and perhaps inspire you to put on your own event.
Should you still wish to raise an inquiry, or to make a booking, email email@example.com for a prompt response.
- Do you supply preview copies of your films?
- Does it have to be 35mm film? Can we not just screen a DVD?
- We have chosen our film, what happens next?
- How much is this going to cost?
- How do I get the performance licence for the film?
- How can I find out how many players are needed for a specific film?
- I cannot accommodate an orchestra of the size you specify. Is there any other way I can show the film?
- Do you have recorded music?
- Do we need specialist equipment to screen a silent film?
- We cannot get hold of a variable speed projector. Can we just run it at 24fps?
- Can I show it at a constant speed without the changes?
- We have never done this before, can you provide any technical help?
- Do you provide any marketing materials?
- Can you provide us with extra materials for our publicity needs?
- We are showing other films in our season that are not provided by you, do you have any stills or text we can use?